Workforce Management - Improve the ROI of your Largest Resource
Inside any retail organization, labor scheduling and time and attendance drive the management of one of your largest controllable expense areas and support your customers’ impressions of your brand. Proper deployment of your retail staff will increase productivity and decrease costs. SD Retail’s workforce management and implementation capabilities enable retailers to staff the right people, doing the right things, in the right place, at the right time.
Typical results include:
- Redeployed or reduced payroll spend by 3-7%
- Enhanced budgeting and forecasting tools, processes and accuracy
- Streamlined scheduling process to significantly reduce admin burden in stores
- Increased sales productivity by aligning staff with customer needs
- Improved productivity through better performance management
- Mitigated multi-million dollar regulatory risks
- Improved store and field morale; reduced turnover
SD Retail will work with your team to design, select and implement a sustainable labor scheduling, task management and WFM solution that will grow your stores’ organization or distribution network. We have the experience and knowledge to help you navigate through the change management phases from workforce management strategy and application selection, to standards development, operational review and business case development, all the way to testing and piloting the rollout. Our teams also help retailers acquire and retain talent through “Employer of Choice” programs, management/mentorship, role definition and effective sourcing and screening. SD Retail partners with clients to design and implement training programs which deliver sustainable, measurable improvements in employee effectiveness and business performance.
Lastly, because labor scheduling implementations can be one of the most intensely cross-functional efforts your organizations will attempt; we know how to work with Finance, HR, IT, stores/distribution and legal to ensure smooth handoffs, streamline successful execution and maximize your ROI.
- A high-end department store engaged SD Retail to develop labor standards to drive its newly installed workforce management system. During the process of developing the labor standards, the project scope was increased to include assistance in development of a new scheduling philosophy based on customer shopping patterns and development of a new customer service model. This project increased customer conversion rates and provided material sales uplift.
- Based on previous successful consulting engagements in all main business units for this retailer, an international footwear retailer asked SD Retail to identify store payroll savings opportunities in the areas of store staffing and scheduling improvements. The goal was to increase time for associates to focus on customer service activities without increasing store payroll. The engagement resulted in labor savings/reallocation of more than 6% while increasing customer facing time from the sales staff.
- SD Retail designed and implemented a customized scheduling solution for 1200+ site specialty retailer. Our team partnered with a 3rd party developer to design and implement an effective scheduling platform. The retailer had struggled in past with complexity of an off-the-shelf package and needed an immediate, scalable solution. SD Retail was engaged and successful in leading the process and driving roll-out.
- Our team provided critical support in requirements refinement and selection for a world class grocery chain. SD Retail was engaged to support the client’s team of strong process improvement professionals. Roles included WFM subject matter expertise, process enhancement, and selection program guidance. SD Retail enabled the client to efficiently refine requirements and navigate the complex selection process.
- SD Retail led the design and implementation of a customized scheduling solution for 1000+ store big box specialty chain while redesigning core processes and eliminating non-value-added tasks. Scheduling platform proved successful and process improvements resulted in $40 Million in annualized savings.
Company Expands Merchandising and Strategy Practice With Seasoned Retail Executive
Farla Efros, Former Office Depot Senior Executive Joins as EVP and Chief Operating Officer
Comprehensive Service Offering Will Build on Vast Network of Retail Relationships, Access to Capital Investment and Real Estate Resources, and Expertise in Redefining the Store Experience